I’ve come to understand that there is a lot of hate going out towards the Supernatural and Sherlock fandoms.
So this is a message to the haters AND victims
Haters/h8ers/bullies/”internet cleansers” (yes I have heard them refer to themselves as this)-
OK, so I have a basic knowledge of psychology, and I just want to figure out why exactly why you’re doing the things you are doing. From what I know, people tend to harass, bully, or generally be an ass to people they either are
2. Pessimistic, narcissistic, egotistical megalomaniacs,
3.Or they are just attention seeking, and don’t know how to get positive attention.
So here are my thoughts, you are either:
1A. Jealous of the sense of community, safety, love, and acceptance that is felt among the members of the Supernatural and Sherlock fandoms
1B. Jealous of the friendships that are built through the fandoms
2A. You refuse to acknowledge anyone’s interests that do not coincide with your own, and if they don’t, you feel that they are inferior, and therefore they shouldn’t be permitted to express their thoughts and opinions.
2B. You are so wrapped up in your own thoughts, beliefs, and interests you refuse to see anyone else’s opinions or try anything new or different from what you already have in your comfort zone
3A. You don’t have interests that many other share, so you aren’t in a fandom or group, so you feel as if you must try to disassemble and break apart the people in some of the biggest fandoms you know of.
3B. You personally just don’t like the show, and you can’t just not watch it, or scroll past fan-work when it appears on your dash, you have to try to destroy the group of people who enjoy it while doing the WORST POSSIBLE thing you can do, and that is kicking someone when they are already down, and feeling bad.
3C. Scientifically speaking, one of the main causes of bullying is the bully having a lack of attention in their younger lives, either from their guardians, parents, teachers, or other children. So I can only infer that this is what happened to some of these haters, and they have come to realize that through hating on others online, they can gain large amounts of attention (they don’t care if it’s negative) and even find those who are desperate enough to follow them down this hateful path.
4. Some people find enjoyment in this, and this is actually a sign of sadism, also a symptom different mental diseases.
To all the victims out there:
1. If you can, turn off anon comments, block any registered users, or, don’t read there negative comments
2. If someone is harassing you, find someone who you can talk to, and if there is no one nearby you can talk to, there is always the suicide hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
3. While looking for resources to put in this post, I found this website: http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/ even if you don’t feel like you need to read this, please do.
4. Remember, some of these people may have gone through some of the things you have, not exactly the same, but they suffered, but then chose to inflict their pain upon others, if you haven’t, congratulations! and if you have, try to stop, do something else, instead of insulting someones’ shirt, tell them you think their shoes are nice. improve.change.inspire.
5.For all of those out there who cut, I found several sources for things to do other than self harm.
Not all of these will work for everyone, but please,try some, don’t hurt yourselves.
And for all people who are in a fandom, have sexual preferences, skin, no matter what color, a body,a mental issue, or a religion or lack of one:
All fandoms are ok:
All religions are ok (including not having one):
If you have a mental issue, you are OK:
All body types are OK, whether you are a man or woman:
(i honestly had a really hard time finding something for males, and it is pretty disappointing)
All skin colors are OK:
All gender/sexuality identities are OK:
No matter what you are, what you look like, what you watch,read, believe, or who they worship, we are all people, we all can get sick, we can be injured, we all need to eat, sleep, and drink.
No matter what you look like, or what your opinions are:
You shouldn’t care if someone is a gender-fluid atheist furry, if they act like a rude ass, that’s what you should base your opinion of them on, and that’s ALL!!!!
|Most internet communities.|