While there are guest posts this week, Normal.is.overated from http://concealyourthoughts.blogspot.co.uk yesterday did the tag mahdohickey were you list three things you like about yourself and three things you don't. She said she likes that and wanted at least one person to do it, so I thought "Well, why not me?" With how self deprecating I can be around here, and even to myself, well, ESPECIALLY to myself, maybe taking time out to say "Hey, I have awesome sides" wouldn't be so bad at all. So for your viewing pleasure, here are things I actually don't mind about myself. Though of course there are also things that I don't like, but hey you're used to that by now. Because it's supposed to end positive, I think, the things I don't like.
1) My weight, of course. At least I'm trying to fix that. I've had too many "bad days" lately though, so things aren't going as good as they should. Give it a while and I'll snap and start starving myself. Or at least I would if I would finally stop accepting that starving yourself is not a good thing and will only end badly.
2) My depression. I don't think I actually have a full blown depression, if I do it's manic. But when I get down, I get really down and then I don't feel like doing anything remotely productive. One of the reasons I've not been able to write so much lately is that I've just been down that much that my brain isn't working. I just want to shut down and sleep my life away. This ain't a good thing.
3) It's getting hard to think of things now. It's not that I'm out of things, it's that I'm out of things I can happily share. I guess for a third one my lack of social skills. I find it hard to make, and even harder to keep, friends. If you have a conversation with me you're going to have to do a lot of the work. It's a lot of work to be my friend, even more to really connect with me, and be a "real" friend. Though I suppose it keeps me safe from the phonies.
Okay three things I do like about myself.
1) My hair. When it's neat. It does some things I don't like, but overall I really do love my hair. It's one of the few things about my physical appearance I do like.
2) My eyes. Which are green with a yellow ring around the iris. The sad thing is though that because I'm so depressed lately, even when happy on the outside, my eyes have grown dull and don't shine anymore. I still like them, but they aren't the same these days.
3) My teeth. Even if they are kind of crooked in places (I recommend going to a dentist wayyyyyyyy more than I ever did) I still like them. They're quite sharpish, especially my canine teeth. The combination of my pale-ish skin (which I also like btw), aversion to sunlight, and fangy teeth has lead to me being called a vampire on more than several occasions. But I get a good laugh out of that.
4) as a bonus because I've always said I like my hair, teeth, and eyes. I like my capacity to love. To be there for people. I like when other people confide in me, and trust in me, and I like being there for them. That I can do that. Though of course I'm a freakin wreck when I can't be there for someone in a way I want to be.
So there you have it folks, proof that I can be approving of myself, and proof as well that if you give me an idea, I'm going to run with it.